Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Installment of Salty Stephen


Aside from writing about food, fashion and other nonsense, I'll be doing a weekly or bi-weekly rant on something that's been crawling under my skin lately....


Here's my beef right now:


Twitter- Kudos to the geniuses behind this internet phenomenon but do we really need another social network, let alone a useless one that doesn't benefit anyone in anyway? Why people want to let others know what kind of coffee you got at Starbucks at 9am or that they are listening to (insert obscure band here) doesn't make any sense to me . Look I get it, you want people to think you're important and that you're living an active/interesting life but guess what, you really aren't. Instead of updating your Twitter on your iPhone or Blackberry, how about going out in public and making new friends and talk to them about yourself. The continuing rise of social awkwardness continue...


*Please note I understand that I'm writing in a social network forum but at least I try to write something that has substance and value to it and not a 2 sentence tweet on "I think Rush Limbaugh needs to shut his mouth, Go Obama!"

1 comment:

ash said...

:( boo hiss i LOVE twitter