Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Never Look Back, Different Directions

9 days away until 2009. What lies ahead for me? It's tough to say but here are 4 big goals that I'm looking forward to in 2009 that could be life changing for me...

Continue Becoming A Minimalist
I'm making good progress going through my belongings and either donating them to freecycle or posting them on craigslist. Part of becoming a better person is to not be so attached to material possessions, especially items that I have no use for anymore.

Save Money/Build A Surplus
As part of becoming a minimalist, I sold my Wii, Wii Fit, and Rock Band 2 band kit. All that money I got, I put in my savings account. My goal is to be completely debt free by the end of January sans my car payments and to continue putting excess monies that isn't tied to rent and utilities to my savings and Roth IRA.

Focus More On Cooking
I've been following the blog The Crepes of Wrath since it's inception as it provides great recipes for simple dishes from main courses to desserts. I had have always a knack for cooking, especially serving to my friends. I want to step my game up and try more challenging dishes. I am looking into taking a cooking class at DVC as a way to learn and also meet new people.

Drive Cross Country in June
Take 14 days off work and start in Walnut Creek, CA and drive East on 80 until I hit Chicago and loop back on the infamous Route 66. I want to visit the America I've never seen, eat at truck stop diners, see national parks, and other interesting parts of America.

No comments: